Shipping calculated at checkout.
Meet Hoya mappigera, a unique and captivating addition to your indoor garden. First discovered by Rodda & Simonsson and published in 2012, this plant is native to Malaysia and Thailand but is suspected to be more widespread. Its name "mappigera" aptly describes its unique corolla structure, resembling a cloth being carried.
- Unique Morphology: The name "mappigera" comes from the Latin words "mappa" (cloth) and "-ger" (to carry), referring to its unique corolla structure.
- Exotic Origins: Native to swamp and lowland forests in Borneo, Peninsular Malaysia, and southern Thailand.
- Versatile Habitat: Found in various natural settings, indicating its adaptability and resilience.
- Light: Prefers bright, indirect light to encourage blooming.
- Water: Keep the soil moderately moist but not waterlogged.
- Fertilization: A balanced liquid fertilizer can be beneficial; apply every 4-6 weeks during the growing season.
- Temperature: Thrives in a tropical climate, so keep the temperature between 60-80°F (15-27°C).
- Humidity: Prefers high humidity; consider misting the plant or using a humidifier.
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way